THE ERGONOMIC WORKPLACE
A sign of a good, ergonomic workplace is its being able to allow for a sensible and above all flexible and variable sitting position. This is made possible by means of:
- height-adjustable desk underneath of which the user's legs will find sufficient space,
- a chair that on the base of different options of adjustment enables the user to sit in a dynamic way; additionally adjustable arm rests should be provided,
- an ergonomically shaped keyboard (as flat as possible) with a padding for your hand ball,
- a screen that is ideally adapted in terms of height, viewing angle and the way the light falls on the workplace,
- an ergonomically shaped mouse.
In bigger companies there are staffers who are trained regarding protective measures at the workplace taking a look at the different workplaces from an ergonomic angle and who will work out options to improve these in cooperation with the colleagues involved.